Fees and Info
Free Initial Consultation
I provide a complimentary initial consultation in person or over the phone to help you determine if I might be the right therapist for you at this time. If you decide that I am not the right fit for you and your needs, I may be able to offer another resource to assist you on your therapeutic journey.
I am an out-of-network provider for insurance plans. This means that my client pays the full fee directly to me, and I provide a statement that contains all the information that most insurance companies require so that you may apply for reimbursement. If your insurance company requires that some other form be filled out, please have that form available for me to complete. It will be helpful for you to know specifically what your insurance company will need from you so that I can provide you with the adequate documentation that you need. Reimbursement depends on your insurance plan and level of coverage. I recommend that you call and ask if your insurance will reimburse for out-of-network mental health services, and what the reimbursement rate might be.
Sessions and Fees
Sessions are usually 60 minutes unless other arrangements are made.
I accept cash, checks, and major credit cards payable in full at the time of service. I can also accept some Health Savings Account funds.
My fee is $175 for a 60-minute session.
If you are the direct or indirect victim of a crime, you may be eligible for my services as part of victim’s compensation. Please contact me for more information.
Clients must cancel any scheduled appointments a minimum of 24 hours in advance. If an appointment is missed or not canceled with 24 hours notice, the client will pay the usual fee before the next appointment. Cancellations for Monday must be made on Sunday at the latest.
When you call 720-839-4720, you will most likely reach my confidential voice mail that is accessed only by me. I will return your call as soon as possible, which is typically the same day. I check my messages throughout day during standard business hours.
Confidentiality Policy and Exceptions
Professional ethics and legal standards require that our conversations and my records be kept strictly confidential.
However, there are circumstances under which I am legally and ethically obligated to breach confidentiality:
- If you present a serious imminent danger to yourself or others.
- In cases of apparent abuse or neglect of a child, an elderly person, or a disabled person.
- When a judge orders the release of information.
While these events have rarely occurred in my practice, if it does happen, I will make an effort to fully discuss it with you before taking any action. If I must ethically and legally breach confidentiality, I will reveal the minimum amount of information needed to protect you or others.
Good Faith Estimates
You have the right to receive a “Good Faith Estimate” explaining how much your medical care will cost.
Under the law, health care providers need to give patients who don’t have insurance or who are not using insurance an estimate of the bill for medical
items and services.
- You have the right to receive a Good Faith Estimate for the total expected cost of any non-emergency items or services. This includes related costs like medical tests, prescription drugs, equipment, and hospital fees.
- Make sure your health care provider gives you a Good Faith Estimate in writing at least 1 business day before your medical service or item. You can also ask your health care provider, and any other provider you choose, for a Good Faith Estimate before you schedule an item or service.
- If you receive a bill that is at least $400 more than your Good Faith Estimate, you can dispute the bill.
- Make sure to save a copy or picture of your Good Faith Estimate.
For questions or more information about your right to a Good Faith Estimate, visit www.cms.gov/nosurprises or call the Colorado Division of Insurance at
303-894-7490 or 1-800-930-3745.
Are you wondering if you would benefit from counseling?
If so, I invite you to contact me for a free consultation to help you decide. Email BarbaraCounsels@gmail.com, or call Barbara at 720-839-4720.